- 500 grams beef cubes
- garlic (minced), oinion (minced) and bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 2 medium sized potatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 table spoon liver spread
- 1 pouch Clara Ole Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- small piece of star anise and dried laurel leaves
Cook the beef until tender with 1/4 cup vinegar, minced garlic and star anise + laurel leaves. Add water from time to time.
- When the beef is tender, let the mixture cook until it dries up (o sa lutong tagalog eh nagmamantika na)
- Add the onion and bell pepper, tomato sauce and cook for about 5 minutes (adding water to prevent from drying up)
- Add the liver spread and let it stand for a few more minutes before adding the potatoes, add 1/4 cup water, heat in very low then cover.
- After 10 minutes (or until the potato is done), add the green peas and 1/2 cup water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes more.